There’s a secret to aligning your marketing communications, to how people buy. Some marketing and sales thought leaders hypothesize that value comes from the story behind the product or service and not the service itself. I agree.
The value you provide, is ultimately what people buy from you. (And that’s what you need to sell them!)
So, if this hypothesis is true, then communicating the value of your offering and doing it exceptionally well, is a requirement for business success. Would you agree?
In today’s cluttered marketplace, there are thousands of brands competing for consumer dollars, consumers have so many choices, and standing out in the marketplace is difficult. If you are similar to the majority of people I work with, the questions I hear the most are:
- How do I stand out from the competition?
- How can I generate more leads?
- How do I gain traction in a crowded marketplace?
- How do I attract the right clients to my business?
- How can I compete with the leading service provider in my industry?
When consumers have a hard time deciding, they rely on word of mouth, so the story people tell their friends and colleagues is important.
Confused people never buy.
Are you telling a story in your marketing communications that truly connects with your audience?
Our stories have power.
Good stories go beyond stats and facts to appeal to feelings and emotions, allowing you to touch your potential clients on a much more personal level.
We know that people buy based on emotion, and then justify their decision with logic.
When you create the storytelling structure for your marketing materials, sales presentations, keynote talks and verbal scripts, be sure your communication piece answers 3 main questions:
- What do you want your audience to FEEL about your message?
- What does your audience need to KNOW about your topic?
- What would you like your audience to DO as a result of your message?
Good marketing communications is key to a successful business.
Now, get out there and tell good stories!
And if you need some help, I’m here to support you. Leave a comment in the box below and ask me anything.
To your success,