Without a sound strategy and plan, it’s all too easy to become a busy fool. It wasn’t until I hired my first Business Coach that I really began to see my own blind spots that were preventing me from taking my business to the next level of growth. That’s why I’m so passionate about sharing why small business owners need to hire a business coach. I realized the benefits of having a sounding board for new ideas and a fresh perspective, and somebody to help me co-create a sustainable and profitable business model.
Having a trusted advisor who knows the path ahead and who can help me navigate it with greater ease and more success is worth its weight in gold.
Every high performing athlete has a coach.
It’s very difficult to see clearly when you are stuck in the weeds of day-to-day business operations. If you want to be a top performer, you won’t make it trying to do it alone.
When I work with my clients to help them navigate their business growth to multiple six and seven figures, I assist them in transforming their big-picture vision into an operationalized strategic growth plan with quarterly management accountability plans that guide big rock initiatives toward tangible goals. I offer personalized guidance to help them focus on the right things that will lead to growth, profitability and sustainability.
Sometimes the advice I offer on what not to do can save my clients tens of thousands of dollars, avert a major mistake or prevent undue stress. And most of the time, my strategic guidance enables clients to step out of the day-to-day operations and better leverage their team, while increasing productivity, efficiency and profitability.
A Business Coach can work with you to quickly assess where your efforts should best be directed in order to capitalize on your business strengths.
At any time, practically every business suffers from one of the following five issues – if any of these speak to you then perhaps it is time you had a good long look at your likelihood of sustaining your business into the medium-term.
- You have lost sight of where your business is going and why. We have all suffered this at times – our heads are down so much we forget to focus on the horizon. During these times, it’s crucial to know exactly where you are going so that you can reverse engineer a roadmap for getting there – bypassing dead-end roads and avoiding potholes along the way. A good Business Coach can see the big picture and the details, help you get out of your own way and keep you focused on what matters, so that you can do the things that count.
- Your business does not generate enough profit. If you want to continue doing what you have always done it should come as no surprise that you will always get the same results. A Business Coach will challenge your thinking and help you get focused on taking the actions that will drive your business forward and grow your profits. Identifying and plugging the money and time leaks in your business is easier for an objective outsider to spot, if you are too close to it.
- You are already good and recognize that it’s going to take that bit extra to become outstanding. What is it in each of us that lead us to believe that we should be able to make a success of our business all by ourselves? We aren’t born great Entrepreneurs. Seeking out coaching support is not a sign of weakness, it is a sign of strength, and personal acknowledgment that to be the best, we need external support to motivate us and keep us accountable to high performance.
- You believe that the business will suffer if you are not there all the time. Unless your business can run without you being there every day, then you are, in reality, just an employee, and you have in essence created a job for yourself and not a business that can stand up by itself. A Business Coach will help you put in place the processes and systems that are needed and help you develop your management team so that the business will thrive whether or not you feel like going to work today.
- You feel the demands of working all hours in your business. If you are ready to start taking control of the hours that you contribute to the business and at the same time get better results, than you should consider Business Coaching to help you consider ways of working smarter, not harder.
Everyone needs to get some solid advice from a trusted friend or partner at some point in their lives. Unfortunately, not everyone takes the time to listen — or hears, but decides to go their own way.
Remember, it’s all too easy to become a busy fool. It is the times when we chose to charge off to try an ill-planned idea that we think will work that we remember the most. Even years later, you may think back and wonder how things could have played out differently, and why you didn’t heed some good advice when it was given.
If you have read this far then you have nothing to lose by taking one simple action. Contact me to apply for a complimentary Discovery Call to see how business coaching can help you accelerate your success.