The Globe and Mail’s Report on Small Business in conjunction with Achilles Media brought a one-day event to Vancouver recently. The event was geared to entrepreneurs, to kick-start small and medium enterprise to the next level.
These are my top 10 success tips for small business gleaned from industry speakers and seasoned entrepreneurs at the event.
- Listen to your gut
- Know your core values
- Make the most of your capital: your vision, time and energy
- Make mistakes and learn from them
- Don’t take No for an answer
- Stick to your core competency
- Stamp out fears and take calculated risks
- Position yourself for success by marketing to those who depend on your services
- Talk to your customers about your ideas to gain insights
- Find a mentor to support you on your journey
Bonus tips… here are a few more I would personally add to the list…
11. Find your own cheerleading squad – a support network of people you trust
12. Know what you don’t know, build a strong team of experts around you
13. Make a plan and implement it
I know you’ve heard this all before and that it’s nothing new. But I invite you to ask yourself, of the 13 success tips listed on this page – how many of them are you actually doing and consistently taking action on in your business?