Business in Vancouver and the Professional Women’s Network hosted the annual Leadership Lessons from Influential Women in Business. This half-day forum consisted of interactive discussions with some of BC’s most influential businesswomen.
Here are my Top 9 Takeaways for Building and Increasing Your Influential Profile in business:
- Position yourself to be a subject matter expert – the ‘go-to’ person
- Gain trust and respect from your following, team and community
- Always think about how you can serve your community of followers – lift other people up
- Build your own reputation based on your values; be authentic
- Know what you stand for, stand up and be heard. Say what you have to say and hold your ground
- Build authority in your field by getting others to see you and recognize you
- Create thought leadership based on your expertise and use your content of ideas to inspire others to react (or act)
- Get recognition outside of your immediate community in order to get more clout at home
- Be outstanding and what you do
What has worked for you to build and increase your profile in business? I’d love to hear your stories.
Build your own reputation based on your values; be authentic!