As a business, what makes you valuable to your customer?
If you can’t answer this question succinctly, then you won’t be able to communicate your value to your customer in such a way that engages them to enter into a buying relationship with you.
How does a company differentiate itself enough to compete with hundreds of other businesses offering similar services? Well, certainly not by looking at what the competition is doing, rather by turning the mirror on your business and taking a hard look inward.
“The more we are focused on what the competition is doing, the less we are focused on what we are doing.” Simon Sinek
Peeling back the layers of your business will reveal the soft centre inside; the heart of your business. It’s from that place that your true value emerges. It’s the essence of who you are, which is the fuel for your (marketing) message.
Some questions to ponder when articulating your value:
- What is your business approach or style?
- What are the values that guide your business?
- What are you committed to providing for your customer?
- What are the core philosophies on which your business is based?
- What do you offer your customers?
- What do you pride yourself on?
- What are some of the success drivers of your business?
The heart of your business is the essence of who you are = fuel for your (marketing) message.
Some of my clients have a highly valuable service but are not attracting the right clients, they struggle to successfully communicate their offering, and they work way too hard and spend tons of time, energy and money with poor results. If that sounds like you, get in touch – I can help!